Pair accused of stealing $2,000 worth of liquor
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – A Central Virginia couple is charged with stealing more than $2,000 worth of liquor from nine Central Virginia ABC stores. The suspected shoplifters stole bottles of Cognac, tequila, gin and vodka, according to an email from the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Demond Jerome Loney, 35, of Richmond, was charged with 12 counts of grand larceny third offense. Jennifer Patrice Harrell, 34, of Chesterfield County, was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit larceny.
The ABC said the pair went on a crime spree from January 23 to February 13 shoplifting from nine stores across Central Virginia. The stores they are accused of stealing from include:
- Carytown – Richmond
- 3100 West Broad St – Richmond
- 6030 Brook Road- Richmond
- 7036 Forest Hill Ave. – Richmond
- 618 West Southside Plaza – Richmond
- 6504 Hull Street Road – Richmond
- 4302 South Laburnum Ave. in the Laburnum Park Shopping Center – Henrico County
- 2610 Buford Road – Chesterfield County
- 7057 Mechanicsville Turnpike – Hanover County
“Our security system did exactly what it was set up to do,” director of ABC’s bureau of law enforcement Shawn Walker said. “In addition to the enhanced safety and security provided for our customers and employees by the store camera and security systems, valuable footage has been used in the arrest and conviction of shoplifters.”
Both Loney and Harrell are being held without bond in the Richmond jail, according the ABC.