COMPLETE COVERAGE: Latest on desperate search to find missing college student
Sept. Festival Guide: Food, food, beer, fido and exercise

Fire Marshals: Chesterfield house fire started in garage

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – Fire investigators say a morning house fire in Chesterfield was sparked by an electrical malfunction in the home’s garage.

Fire crews from Chesterfield and the City of Richmond battled the blaze in the 2900 block of Emblem Drive.

When crews arrived around 5:45 a.m., they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home’s attached garage.

Five fire engines from Chesterfield, one truck from Richmond and a truck from Defense Supply Center Richmond responded to the fire, which took about an hour to get under control.

Officials said the home suffered extensive fire and smoke damage.

Battalion Chief David Bailey said no one was inside the home when the fire broke out.

The Red Cross is helping the five adults and one juvenile who live at the house.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,591 other followers