OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES – Battle of the Brains, Play at Home
1. Promotion Description. This promotion, “Battle of the Brains, Play at Home,” (the Promotion) is sponsored by WTVR TV/DT Richmond, (WTVR-TV) 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond VA, 23230; and Virginia College Savings Plan℠ (Virginia529℠), 9001 Arboretum Parkway, North Chesterfield, VA 23236 (collectively, the Sponsors). The promotion begins on 10/03/15 at 10:00 am Eastern and ends on 6/11/2016 at 8:00 pm Eastern. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Promotion Rules. Entrants must answer a “Play at Home” trivia question for the opportunity to win one Virginia529 inVESTSM (inVESTSM) account with an initial opening balance of $529. Virginia529 is an independent state agency and an Internal Revenue Code Section 529 qualified tuition program. A Section 529 college savings account is an individual savings account intended specifically for the payment of qualified higher education expenses for a designated beneficiary. Customers are encouraged to obtain all enrollment materials, including the Program Descriptions, by calling 1-888-567-0540 or by downloading them from Virginia529.com and to read them carefully before investing. For residents of states other than Virginia: your state or the beneficiary’s state of residence (if different) may sponsor a 529 plan that offers state income tax or other benefits not available to you through the Virginia529.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. The Promotion is open only to U.S. citizens or legal U.S. residents who are also residents of Virginia, and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees (spouse; parents, siblings, children, grandchildren and their spouses; and in-laws) of WTVR-TV, Virginia529 and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or be named as the beneficiary of the awarded Virginia529 account. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter the Promotion. Beginning 10/03/15, individuals will need to watch Battle of the Brains on Saturdays from 10:00am-10:30am Eastern. The viewer will be prompted with a different “Play at Home” trivia question during each weekly Battle of the Brains segment aired. The participant will need to logon to wtvr.com/battleofthebrains and correctly answer the “Play at Home” trivia question to be entered. One winner will be randomly drawn from all valid entries on 6/22/2016. The winner will receive an inVEST account with an initial $529 opening balance. Promotion rules will be posted on wtvr.com. Entries must be received by 8:00pm Eastern on 6/11/2016 to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsors, and Sponsors reserve the right to share entrant information with each other and use any information submitted by entrants. By entering and participating in the Promotion, the participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Promotion Rules which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries.
4. Prize. One winner will win a Virginia529 inVEST℠ (inVEST℠) account with an initial opening balance of $529. This account has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash and no exchanges or substitutions are permitted.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
If, in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, the chosen entrant is found to be ineligible to participate in the Promotion, is found ineligible to open an inVEST account or is not in compliance with these Official Promotion Rules or Promotion eligibility, participant will be disqualified and will not be awarded the prize. An alternate participant may be selected by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Interpretation of and determinations on the correct application of these Official Promotion Rules shall be made by Sponsors in their sole discretion and their decisions regarding these matters shall be final. In no event will Sponsors be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind should participant be found ineligible.
The winner will be contacted on 6/22/2016 by phone. Winner will be the owner of the account and solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes on the prize, as well as any transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTVR-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from WTVR-TV if WTVR-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by the winner.
The winner agree to the use of his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, testimonials, text and/or sound or video recording of them for advertising, promotional, or any other purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without any additional compensation or consent unless required by law and to the use of the beneficiary’s name for marketing and public relations purposes.
Winner agrees to execute a publicity release. By entering the Promotion, the winner acknowledges that WTVR-TV, and all other Sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast the winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering the Promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the Promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of any prize, however caused.
8. Sponsors’ Reservation of Rights. These Official Promotion Rules are subject to modification by WTVR-TV in order to ensure the fairness and/or original intent of the Promotion. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTVR-TV are final and binding. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Promotion Rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify the Promotion if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the Promotion.
9. Applicable Laws. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees that the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Entrant agrees that venue for any litigation arising out of or related to the Promotion or the Official Promotion Rules shall be in state court located in Chesterfield, Virginia. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to CBS 6 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond VA 23230 or visit wtvr.com.