Battle of the Brains Contest Rules
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES Battle of the Brains, Play at Home
1. Promotion Description. This promotion, “Battle of the Brains, Play at Home,” is sponsored by WTVR TV/DT Richmond, 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond VA, 23230; Virginia 529 College Savings Plan. 9001 Arboretum Parkway, Richmond, VA 23236. The promotion begins on 10/06/12 at 10:00am and ends on 6/06/13 at 8:00pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Virginia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of, WTVR-TV, Virginia 529 College Savings Plan and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning 10/06/12, individuals will need to watch Battle of the Brains on Saturdays from 10:00am-10:30am. The viewer will be prompted with a “Play at Home” trivia question during Battle of the Brains. The contestant will need to logon to wtvr.com/battleofthebrains and correctly answer the “Play at Home” trivia question to be entered. One first place winner will be randomly drawn from all valid entries on 6/15/2013. The winner will receive a VEST account with a $529 balance. Contest rules will be posted on wtvr.com. Entries must be received by 8:00pm 6/06/2013 to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries.
4. Prize(s). First Prize: VEST 529 account with a balance of $529. This account has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize.
The winner will be contacted on 6/15/2013 by phone. Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTVR-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from WTVR-TV if WTVR-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by the winner, sponsor(s) may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
The winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, the winner acknowledges that WTVR-TV, and all other Sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast the winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of any prize, however caused.
8. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTVR-TV in order to ensure the fairness and/or original intent of the promotion. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTVR-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion. Virginia College Savings Plan, offering four tax-advantaged 529 college savings options to help you save for higher education. For more information, please http://www.virginia529.com
9. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to CBS 6 C/O Heath Oldham, 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond VA 23230 or visit wtvr.com.