Overloaded circuit sparks apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Fire crews respond to Cutshaw Ave. fire (PHOTO: Andy Pederson)

Fire crews respond to Cutshaw Ave. fire (PHOTO: Andy Pederson)

Fire crews respond to Cutshaw Ave. fire (PHOTO: Andy Pederson)

Fire crews respond to Cutshaw Ave. fire (PHOTO: Andy Pederson)

RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – An overloaded circuit started a morning fire at a Richmond apartment complex, said Richmond Fire Department Lt. Robbie Hagaman.

The fire impacted four units at an apartment building along the 3900 block of Cutshaw Avenue.

No one was hurt.

Hagaman said the apartment had a smoke detector, but it did not work.

Fire crews were called to the apartment around 6:15 a.m.

Firefighters found a smoldering fire in the walls of the building and “quickly” put it out, Hagaman said.