Police investigate dog poisoning
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WTVR) – Animal Control investigators suspect someone poisoned a Virginia Beach family’s dog.
Investigators said the necropsy report indicated the dog ate antifreeze and suffered acute renal failure.
The dog, a two and half year old American Pit Bull Terrier named Mirage, showed symptoms after she returned from her fenced yard.
When they awoke the morning of June 6, her owners noticed the dog had vomited. Mirage had to be put down to end the dog’s suffering.
Symptoms of Antifreeze Poisoning within the first twelve hours are:
- Increased water consumption
- Stumbling or wobbling (exhibiting characteristics similar to intoxication)
- Not eating
- Possible seizures
Investigators said the incident happened on along the 1400 block of Lake Bradford Lane, in the Chesapeake Beach section of Virginia Beach.
Anyone with information is asked to call Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (562-5887).
This case remains under investigation by the Virginia Beach Bureau of Animal Control with Animal Control Officer M. Marshall as the lead investigator.