VIDEO: Man ‘testing lighter’ sets himself on fire at gas pump

THOMASTOWN, Australia (CNN) –  A quick thinking doctor in Australia jumped into action after a man accidentally set himself on fire at a gas station.  The man was testing a lighter at the gas pump.

“Why anyone would have done something like that is just beyond me,” said gas station operator Suzy Eid. She’s talking about the man who decided to make sure his cigarette lighter worked while pumping gas.

Gas station workers turned off the pumps. A doctor who saw what happened threw water on the fire.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,029 other followers