Residents: No sign of Leyla Namiranian at complex
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – People living in a Richmond neighborhood are shedding some light on the man police are calling a person of interest in the disappearance of a Chesterfield woman.
Leyla Namiranian vanished without a trace two months ago.
Since then, investigators have since searched the apartment of a man who knew her, and even took away his car. [RELATED: Police search apartment in missing Chesterfield woman’s case]
That man’s neighbors told CBS 6 News’ Shelby Brown Friday that they have not seen him for several days now. When he is around, they described the man as a loner.
As for Namiranian, the neighbors said they had never seen her in the apartment complex.
CBS 6 Legal Expert Todd Stone said investigators are in a tricky spot.
“You don’t want to charge someone too soon, because once you charge them, speedy trial clock is ticking,” said Stone. “But you don’t want them out on the street if you have evidence…because they could be a risk to the public.”
However, police said they are hopeful results of forensic tests will lead them to an arrest soon.
- Missing woman, Leyla Namiranian, phones recovered
- Police search apartment in missing Chesterfield woman’s case
- Missing woman’s father flies in from Italy as search continues
- Police: Still no sign of missing Chesterfield woman
- Police canvas Southside area, woman missing since Thursday
- Police say Chesterfield woman’s disappearance is suspicious