HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – Food left on the stove appears to be the cause of an apartment fire that displaced a family of four early Monday morning, according to Henrico County fire officials.
Crews arrived on scene shortly after 1 a.m. to find all occupants had evacuated the apartment at Townsend Square Townhomes, in the 2400 block of North 21st Street.
They located the fire in the kitchen and brought it under control in about 5 minutes.
Captain James Mellon said no injuries were reported. The adult and three children who lived in the fire-damaged apartment will be assisted by the Red Cross.