3 charged in deadly Southside triple shooting
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Richmond police said Friday that three people have charged in connection with a deadly triple shooting Thursday in South Richmond.
Officials said they received a call for about a person with a gun in the 3700 block of Bonmark Drive. around 5:40 p.m. Then, minutes later police received a call that a person had been shot.
Officers arrived within a minute of the call and found three people shot.
They were taken to VCU Medical Center. That’s where 19-year-old Orlando J. Shaw later died. The other two persons’ injuries were non life-threatening.
A police investigation found the shooting was sparked by a confrontation — and argument among four people, including Shaw, who lived on Bonmark Drive.
Three people have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death of Shaw:
- Jewel Wiggins, 19
- Maria Y. Wiggins, 41
- Antonio A. Fountain, 32, of the 5900 block of Warwick Road
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis