Goodwill helps clean-up VCU, the Fan
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – As the semester ends at Virginia Commonwealth University, thousands of VCU students are moving from student housing and rental properties across Richmond.
This week Goodwill is partnering with VCU and the Fan District Association to offer a place for students to donate items they no longer need.
“We are thrilled to be able to help move out go smoothly and to help VCU’s neighbors do a little spring cleaning. Their efforts will support Goodwill’s mission and help keep usable items out of our landfills,” said Bill Carlson, Vice President of Goodwill’s Donated Goods Program, in a statement.
Goodwill’s donation trailer will be parked behind 500 Academic Center on North Ryland Street May 18 – May 20.
The truck will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Items to be collected include:
- Clothing, shoes
- Furniture in good condition
- Domestics (sheets, towels)
- Books, DVDs, CDs, records
- Accessories (purses, scarves)
- Computers, printers, monitors
- Working TVs under 32”
- Small working appliances
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis