RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Chef Chris Chiasson adds a *twist to a Traditional Southern Recipe.. Tasty Shrimp and Grits Bites.. An easy to make appetizer.. it’s just one of many dishes that will be served at the “Springtime: A Southern Affair” Fundraiser this Saturday.
Shrimp and Grits Casserole
- 2 quarts cooked grits
- 1.5 cups gouda spread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 lb. peeled and
- deveined medium shrimp, coarsely chopped
- Cooking spray
- Hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook grits according to Mosaic Grits Recipe.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in gouda spread, butter, and cream cheese.
- Stir in parsley and next 4 ingredients (through shrimp).
- Spoon mixture into baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until set.
- Serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
A few spoonfuls of cream cheese give the casserole a velvety texture. Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley, if you like.
Shrimp & Grits Bites
- ½ recipe shrimp and grits casserole, minus shrimp
- 6 large cooked shrimp
- ½ cup gouda cream
- cilantro sprig
Follow recipe for grits casserole.
- Pour into greased SHEET 1/2 PAN.
- Bake to set.
- Let cool completely.
- Using circle cutter, cut out bite sized pieces.
- Cut shrimp in half lengthwise.
- To assemble: top each piece with gouda cream sauce, curled 1/2 shrimp, cilantro sprig. can be served at room temp or heated.