Richmond Rumbles with food truck rally
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Not a fan of NASCAR? There’s another race going on this Friday. One to fill your belly.
Richmond’s first food cart food court is rumbling into the River City this summer, and there’s a mashup of historic proportions coming to dinner too.
On April 27 in the parking lot of the Virginia Historical Society (VHS) at 428 N. Boulevard will host nearly a dozen vendors. They’ll be keeping it going all Summer long each Tuesday and Friday.
Adding to the rally excitement, the VHS will stay open until 8 p.m. offering Richmond families a side dish of Virginia history with their turkey burgers and truffled tater tots.
Here’s a list of some of the food truck vendors:
• Boka Truck: Asian-Mexican-American fusion takos with French technique and seasonal menus
• Sustenance Truck: Fresh, local, seasonal gourmet sandwiches, soups, and chef’s creations
• Dressed & Press Truck: Gourmet salads, truffled tater tots, gourmet paninis, and chef specialties
• CrossRoads Truck: Hot and iced gourmet coffee drinks, fruit smoothies, and Italian sodas
• Flynn’s Food Truck: Turkey burgers, veggies burgers, and vegan friendly fare
• Habanero’s: Authentic Mexican tacos and burritos, chicken, steak, al pastor, and carnitas
• Mister Softee Truck: Premium soft serve ice cream sundaes, cones, banana splits, shakes, and more
• Thai Cabin: Traditional Thai and Japanese dishes like teriyaki chicken, hibachi shrimp, and pad thai,
• Rooster Cart: Mobile Vegan from the folks that brought you Cafe Gutenberg