RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Later this month the city of Richmond will remove some parking meters in Richmond’s downtown Central Business District. Starting Monday, April 23, people who park in this area will use a pay stations instead of meters, according to a press release from the city.
The pay stations will be located along the:
- 800 block of East Marshall Street (south side)
- 400 block of North 9th Street (east side)
- 500 block of North 9th Street (west side)
- 1100 block of East Main Street (south side)
- 900 Block of West Broad Street (south side)
The pay stations will be placed mid-block. Drivers can pay with cash, credit or debit cards to park. The machine gives drivers a receipt which must then be placed on the car dashboard, visible thru the windshield, according to the city.
Signs will be visible and parking attendants on-hand later this month to help people adapt to the parking changes.
Standard Parking Corporation, the company contracted to provide parking enforcement for Richmond, will provide the pay stations.