Richmond’s first Food Truck Court
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) Richmond, hitching onto an idea that’s taken off in larger cities, now has plenty of Food Trucks. Starting in April, area food trucks will amass together to create a diner’s delight: a Food Truck Court.
From the press release:
The Virginia Historical Society is hosting Richmond’s first Food Truck Court, a gathering of several mobile catering vendors, for two weeks in April. Participating food trucks will offer gourmet chef inspired food, specialty beverages, and desserts.
Patrons are invited to utilize the picnic tables and grassy courtyard located inside the VHS parking lot to enjoy their dining purchases.
Food will be sold from 6 to 9 p.m. on these nights. The VHS won’t be open during these hours, but do encourage people to come back for a visit of their many exhibits.
Participating food truck vendors include:
- Boka Truck: Asian-Mexican-American fusion takos with French technique and seasonal menus
- Sustenance Truck: Fresh, local, seasonal gourmet sandwiches, soups, and chef’s creations
- Dressed & Pressed: Gourmet salads, truffled tater tots, gourmet paninis, and chef specialties
- CrossRoads Truck: Hot and iced gourmet coffee drinks, fruit smoothies, and Italian sodas
- Flynn’s Food Truck: Turkey burgers, veggies burgers, and vegan friendly fare
- Habanero’s: Authentic Mexican tacos and burritos, chicken, steak, al pastor, and carnitas
- Mister Softee Truck: Premium soft serve ice cream sundaes, cones, banana splits, shakes, and more
VHS representative Jennifer Guild said that future dates depend on community support for and success of the April 2012 Food Truck Court.
- Tuesday, April 3
- Friday, April 6
- Tuesday, April 10
- Friday, April 13
Location: Virginia Historical Society, 428 North Boulevard, Richmond
The Food Truck Court will be held in the parking lot behind the VHS (near the intersection of Kensington Avenue and North Sheppard Street).