Cat dies as fire burns West End condominium
HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – Firefighters are investigating a Tuesday morning fire at a West End condominium on Front Royal Drive off East Parham Road near J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College.
Henrico Fire Capt. Jim Mellon said when crews arrived at the home around 9:00 a.m., they saw fire shooting from the side of the building.
It took fire crews about 20 minutes to bring the flames under control.
No one was inside the home when the fire started. A cat inside the building died as a result of the fire, Mellon said.
Firefighters evacuated four neighboring condos due to smoke and high levels carbon monoxide. Those neighbors were later allowed back into their homes. The person who lived directly below the unit that caught fire was displaced due to water damage.