Register for $1200 gift card; winner announced Monday at 6:30 a.m.

Investigation revealed child died after given peanut at school

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, VA (WTVR) – A funeral will be held Saturday for the 7-year-old Hopkins Road Elementary School student who died after having an allergic reaction from eating a peanut at school Monday.

Chesterfield police, who have completed their investigation into Amarria Johnson’s death, said the girl was given the peanut by a classmate on the playground.

The girl’s mother said she previously tried to give the school’s clinical aide an Epipen for emergencies, but said that she was told to keep it at home.

The service for Amarria will be at Fifth Street Baptist Church in Richmond on Saturday at noon.  Additionally, more than 100 friends and family members gathered at a vigil Thursday night to remember Amarria.